Advertise my Second Hand Instrument (Oboe / Bassoon / Cor Anglais / Contra)
We offer a service to advertise your second hand instrument (or crook!) to our customers absolutely FREE - no catches!
What do you get when you list your instrument for free with us?
- Your own instrument page
- Your instrument will appear in our catalogue
- Potential exposure to thousands of customers
- Up To 5 large images of your instrument displayed
- Friendly double reed specialists to help you get going!
Why do you offer this service for free?!
Absolutely free. There is no small print!
We offer this service as we know lots of people that want to sell their instruments but don’t know how to do it and we happen to have the correct resources ready to go. We also think it is really important to provide a service to the double reed community that we are in.
What happens when somebody is interested in my instrument?
The customer who is interested in your instrument will email us with their contact details, letting us know which instrument they are interested in. We then pass on their contact details to yourself who can then get in touch with them to sell your instrument.
We don't handle any part of the transaction related to the sale of the instrument & accessories and take no legal responsibility for it or any of the information that has been provided to ourselves by you. We only advertise the instrument using the details you have provided us.
When you send us your instruments details to be put in a listing we will carry out checks on whether the instrument is stolen although this is not a guarantee that the instrument is not stolen.
Once you have sold your oboe or bassoon please let us know!
What do I need to send you to list my second hand oboe or bassoon?
- Up to 5 high quality images of your instrument
- A guideline price in GBP (£) (approximate) - need help with this? Pop us an email
- The country where the instrument is
- Your email and phone number so we can let you know when somebody is interested (we keep these confidential!)
- A description of your instrument (see the guide below on what to put in the description)
What to write in the description
Please note that we might edit your description of your instrument so that it performs better. If we do edit your description, we will email you a copy to confirm that you are happy with it before we post it online.
Detailed descriptions are extremely important so please make them as comprehensive as possible!
Summary (2 sentences that sell your instrument)
- Make / model
- Serial Number (usually under the boot cap)
- How old the instrument is (if you don't know this, email the instrument manufacturer)
- Crook it comes with (make and code, usually engraved into the metal)
- Previous use - beginner / student / professional
- Any repairs carried out in the past
- Where the instrument was purchased
- Any additional keyword / modifications
- Wing Joint
- Long / Tenor Joint
- Boot / Butt joint
- Is there a seat strap hoop / balance hanger / spike
- Crook - any dents, cork missing
Where do I send this information?
Email us the info at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put it online ASAP!
Need more help? Contact Us...